What Is Court Ordered Mediation? Explained by Los Angeles Child Custody Lawyer David Pisarra. Once a paternity or divorce case been filed, if one party wants to get a court order for child custody and visitation, they must file a Request for Orders, which will then trigger an automatic conciliation court date. That’s a meeting at the court with a social worker who tries to negotiate a settlement between the parents.

Comments are closed.